TUBE END FORMING MACHINE
As one of the most professional tube end forming machine manufacturers and suppliers in China, Hippo offers a wide range of tube end forming equipment for all pipe diameters that can help you achieve various shapes like beads, reduction, expansion, flares, etc.
Tube End Forming Machine
HIPPO MACHINERY offers a wide variety of tube forming processes to meet all of your project demands. From beading to end reduction and expansion, our end forming capabilities are diverse.
We have single head tube end forming machines, double head tube end forming machines, and customized end forming auto production systems. Our standard tube end forming machines can process tubes with a diameter up to 110mm. If needed we can also customize our machines to meet your larger diameters.
These tube end forming machines are designed with the latest technology, uses NC or PLC control system, very easy to operate. Tool shifting can be controlled by servo motor, the precision could reach ±0.015mm, which makes the performance of the machine more excellent and more reliable.
HIPPO Tube End Forming Machine Capabilities
By changing different tools, tube end forming machines can perform a variety of shapes on metal tube ends, common ones include beading, expanding, reducing, flaring, flanging, chamfering, connecting etc.
- Beading is the most popular end-forming type. Tube beading is the process of crimping to the end of a cylindrical metal tube to form a spout shape. Beaded tube ends are commonly used to connect hoses or slide into other metal tubes.
- Expansion/Reduction: expand or reduce tube outside diameter so that it fits into other tube opening.
- Flaring: Flaring is often used in combination with beading.
- Flanging: Flanging forms a lip or flange directly on the end of the pipe, it is done to create a projection around the end of the tube either for increased strength or in order to attach to another component.
- Chamfering: Chamfering is to remove the burrs on the tube ends.
HIPPO Tube Gallery
Press Fittings - Elbow
Single Head Tube End Forming Machine
Single head tube end forming machine is enough for most products, it is ideal for expanding, reducing, beading, and flaring the ends on most metals like aluminum, brass, copper, carbon steel, and stainless steel.
Double Head Tube End Forming Machine
Sometimes both ends of the pipe need to be formed. At this time you can consider using a double-head end forming machine. Both sides work at the same time, which can increase flexibility while decreasing production time
Optional Functions We Can Offer
- Depending on your needs, we can customize auto loading and unloading devices from side and top for unmanned automatic operation, which can help you to increase accuracy, productivity and maximize system availability.(Click below product to view more)
- An infrared alarm device can be added to provide a completely safe environment for your operator.
- We can integrate tube cut-off function to provide a complete easy-to-use tube fabrication system enabling you to reduce labor cost. (Click below product to view more)
- Complete technological processes for tubes like welding seam detecting, auto coding mechanism can be added. (Click below video to view more)
Why Choose HIPPO Tube End Forming Machine?
You might also be interested in these TOPICS
What is tube end forming machine？
Metal tubes are cut and made into various tubular parts. In many cases, one or both ends of the tube need to be formed to fit other components(eg. other tubes, hoses or flanges). Tube end forming machine is such equipment that used to change the tube ends size and shape.
What tube materials can be endformed?
Most metals can be end formed, commonly used materials include aluminum, brass, copper, carbon steel, and stainless steel. When evaluating the difficulty of end forming a project, it is also necessary to consider material factors, such as tube end expansion, you have to know whether the tube is seamless or welded? Can this material accommodate the required amount of deformation?
Tube end forming machine types
They are several methods used in end forming, common ones are segmented tool sizing and ram forming. For lower volume products without high end forming precision requirements, you can choose a segmented sizer machine. There are eight finger tools in this machine, they are powered by a mechanical drawbar, which uses pulling force to perform the tube end expanding or reducing. If you are looking for a powerful and high-precision machine, you have to consider a ram-type tube end-forming machine. In the Chinese market, ram-type tube end forming machine is the most common. Ram type tube end is capable of producing tubes with critical tolerances, concentricity, and offsets.
Tube end forming applications
Tube end formers are widely used in a variety of fabricating applications where multiple tubes must be connected to join systems or assemblies, such as
- automotive heavy truck exhaust systems, fuel lines, fluid transfer tubes, and gas filter stems
- HVAC air conditioning.
- hydraulic cylinders and heat exchangers，condensers
- refrigeration radiators piping
- other engineering applications.
Tube end forming machine advantages
Tube end forming machine is easy to operate and can replace welding and other processes, improve connectivity to other components, enhance tube strength, and increase sealing capabilities.
Tube end forming process
1. Using manual or automatic loading method to put the tube into the clamp die
2. Clamp die hold the tube securely(the clamping die is divided into upper and lower parts, the upper clamping die is connected with the piston rod of the clamping cylinder, the lower die is installed on the mainframe.)
3. Use forming tools(can be multi stations) to hit towards the stationary tube
Tube end forming machine tools
Tooling must be customized for each job. The tools are built according to your exact end-forming technique and also your tube material type. Tools material type, surface coating, hardness is important in tooling specifications.
When to apply end forming process?
You can end-form a product before or after bending, this depends on your part being created. If you end-form the workpiece after bending, then a customized curved clamp die will be needed for your project.
Commonly Asked Questions About Tube End Forming Machine
a. When the station hits towards the pipe, the clamp will not slide, so no strains. As long as the clamp groove is clean, no rubbish(like iron chippings, etc) in it, the surface of the pipe will not be damaged. Otherwise, the pipes might have pit after end forming.
b. In case the clamp groove got dirty, you can use a dishcloth to wipe the clamp groove( or a high-pressure air gun). Just pay more attention, no big problem.
c. We can’t use engineering plastic clamp here, that would be way too soft, can’t resist the impact force from the station. This is decided by the end forming technology.
Yes. All our tube end forming machine comes with a back stopper, it’s the standard configuration. But the position is adjustable. And it’s also optional, you can choose to remove it if you have very long pipes to process.
(a) For end forming machine, we usually use drawing compounds lubricant, it mainly plays the role of lubrication and cooling during the processing process, which improves the workpiece finish, effectively extend the tooling life; and it’s easy to clean.
(b)We usually manually brush it to the pipe surface. The drawing compounds lubricant is very thick, and automatic lubrication requires a high-pressure system and a constant temperature device, which is costly. If the customer needs it, we can also install it for you.
(c) The machine is equipped with a water cooling system, which can cool down the machine’s hydraulic oil temperature to make sure it works for a long time.
The main difference between servo motor control and hydraulic control is accuracy, not speed.
If use servo motors, the mold shifting accuracy could reach ±0.015mm, hydraulic controlled mold shifting accuracy reaches ±0.1mm.
Usually, for products that require multi-station(at least three stations), we would recommend using servo motors. The servo motor is more expensive.
The standard vice clamp length is 165mm. If your pipe is shorter than this, we will customize the tools according to your product. The clamp die includes one upper clamp die and one lower clamp die.
Our standard machine is equipped with a water cooling system. If you want, we can make the air cooler for you.
There are two reasons for this.
1. Mitsubishi panel price is 3-5 times that of WeinView (we currently using from Taiwan), while displaying effect is same, so no manufacturers choose Mitsubishi here.
2. Mitsubishi Panel programming is very complicated, while WeinView is much easier. We have been adopting WeinView for many years, it’s mature and stable.
For tube reduction, the die set is made of alloy tungsten steel, the lifetime is much longer than other steel molds, the price is also more expensive.
For tube expansion and beading, we use Cr12 to make the dies.
Yes. Our tube end forming machine can create precision round, square, and rectangular shapes to specifications. One thing to reminder, when reducing rectangular tubes, it is necessary to add some notches on the tube surface. Rectangular tube reduction is much harder than the round pipe. When squeezing inward, the tube wall will get thicker, the material will crease and drummed into a line. Add notches will ease this issue and will not affect the assembly. You can refer to this effect as the photo.